- Newsletter (243)
The Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council (Michigan EIBC) and Institute for Energy Innovation (IEI) are hiring a full-time energy policy expert to support our expanding regulatory, legislative, and industry sector-specific efforts.
Collectively, Michigan EIBC and IEI are the voice of the advanced energy industry in Michigan, representing more than 120 member companies to policy makers, convening thought leaders and experts, crafting legislation and regulations, educating the public, and providing networking opportunities.
The chosen candidate’s policy portfolio will be determined based on the qualifications and expertise of that individual, but may include:
- Participation in Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) stakeholder groups
- Leadership of regulatory interventions at the MPSC
- Serving as an expert witness on behalf of Michigan EIBC and IEI
- Legislative advocacy including meetings with legislators
- Support of advanced energy sector-specific initiatives
- Management of a growing internship program
- Communication and collaboration with members of the advanced energy industry
Desired qualifications include:
- Experience working on issues related to energy policy, regulatory policy, and/or legislative affairs (preferred candidates will have at least 3 years of relevant experience)
- Experience communicating with business leaders and balancing the multiple interests
- Experience providing expert witness testimony and/or written commentary to regulatory bodies
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at once
- Ability to operate independently in a virtual work environment
- Willingness to step-in to help with any task to support a small team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong networking and public speaking experience
Benefits: This position offers a competitive salary with generous benefits including vacation (4 weeks paid), flexible work hours, parental leave, health and dental coverage, retirement contribution matching, monthly cell phone and internet stipends, reimbursement for travel expenses, and reimbursement for certain office expenses.
Location: Work from home in a virtual environment. When in-person events resume, the preferred candidate would be willing/able to attend meetings in the Lansing area approximately once per week.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Michigan EIBC and IEI President
Laura Sherman (email@example.com) by close of business (5pm EDT) on February 10, 2021.
Michigan EIBC is a trade organization of more than 120 advanced energy companies doing business in Michigan. The organization’s mission is to grow Michigan’s advanced energy economy by fostering opportunities for innovation and business growth and offering a unified voice in creating a business-friendly environment for the advanced energy industry in Michigan. Michigan EIBC is governed by a Board of industry leaders.
IEI is a Michigan-based non-profit that works to promote greater public understanding of advanced energy and its economic potential for Michigan, and to inform the policy and public discussion on Michigan’s energy challenges and opportunities. IEI is governed by a Board of energy leaders with deep connections to industry, research, finance, and policy.