- Newsletter (395)
We’re Hiring an Energy Policy Expert
Collectively, Michigan EIBC and IEI are the voice of the advanced energy industry in Michigan, representing more than 140 member companies to policy makers, convening thought leaders and experts, crafting legislation and regulations, educating the public, and providing networking opportunities.
The chosen candidate’s policy portfolio may include:
- Development of legislative strategy and policies in collaboration with policy team
- Legislative advocacy including meetings with legislators and partners
- Support of advanced energy sector-specific initiatives including research and report writing
- Support of regulatory policy efforts at the Michigan Public Service Commission
- Support of advanced energy sector-specific initiatives, including research and report writing
- Communication and collaboration with members of the advanced energy industry
- Support of sector-specific initiatives and events in collaboration with team
Desired qualifications include:
- Experience in government affairs at the state or federal level (legislative, regulatory, or executive branches). Preferred candidates will have at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in and passion for energy policy and the advanced energy industry
- Eagerness to step-in to help with any task to support a small team
- Ability to work and communicate in a bipartisan manner
- Experience communicating with business leaders and balancing the multiple interests
- Ability to balance multiple tasks at once
- Strong self-motivation and ability to take initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong networking and public speaking experience
Benefits: This position offers a competitive salary with generous benefits including vacation (4 weeks paid), health and dental coverage (100% of premiums covered), flexible work hours, parental leave, retirement contribution matching, monthly cell phone and internet stipends, reimbursement for travel expenses, and reimbursement for certain office expenses.
Location: Work from home in a virtual environment. The preferred candidate would be willing/able to attend meetings in the Lansing area approximately once per week.
To apply, please fill out this form (including attaching a resume and cover letter)
by September 9, 2022 at 5:00pm ET.
Please direct any questions to Jamie Scripps (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Michigan EIBC is a trade organization of more than 120 advanced energy companies doing business in Michigan. The organization’s mission is to grow Michigan’s advanced energy economy by fostering opportunities for innovation and business growth and offering a unified voice in creating a business-friendly environment for the advanced energy industry in Michigan. Michigan EIBC is governed by a Board of industry leaders.
IEI is a Michigan-based non-profit that works to promote greater public understanding of advanced energy and its economic potential for Michigan, and to inform the policy and public discussion on Michigan’s energy challenges and opportunities. IEI is governed by a Board of energy leaders with deep connections to industry, research, finance, and policy.