- This event has passed.
Energy 101 at MML & Cocktail Reception at Dykema
Legislators and legislative staff are invite to join the Institute for Energy Innovation (IEI) for Energy 101 in Lansing on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 from 12:00 to 3:30 pm. This meeting is open to Michigan State Legislators and legislative staff only.
The half-day briefing session will include:
- Overview of all things energy in Michigan
- Regulatory and policy framework
- Overview of the advanced energy economy in Michigan
- Hot topics in energy policy for the next legislative session
Presenters will include advanced energy companies and utilities. Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Troy Bracke, Michigan Solar Solutions
- Brandon Hofmeister, Consumers Energy
- Tim Lundgren, Varnum LLP
- Ed Rivet, Michigan Conservative Energy Forum
- Glenn Stevens, MICHauto
- Rob Threlkeld, General Motors
- JR Tolbert, Advanced Energy Economy
Lunch will be provided.
At the conclusion of Energy 101, Michigan EIBC will be hosting a networking cocktail reception from 4:00 to 6:00 pm at Dykema in Lansing. This reception is open to legislators, legislative staff, and Michigan EIBC members only.
The reception will provide the opportunity for legislators to network with Michigan EIBC member businesses and learn more about the advanced energy industry. Attendees will include legislators, MPSC staff, administration officials, and advanced energy business leaders. Appetizers and cocktails will be served.
Energy 101 (Legislators and Legislative Staff) (12:00 – 3:30 pm) – Michigan Municipal League, 208 North Capitol Avenue, 1st Floor, Lansing, 48933
Cocktail Reception (Legislators, Legislative Staff, and Michigan EIBC members) (4:00 – 6:00 pm) – Dykema, 201 Townsend St, #900, Lansing, 48933
The Energy 101 lunch is sponsored by